Do you know your UAS regulations? Know before you fly!
The proper operation of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) is critical to the safety of both commercial and general aviation aircraft operating from Lakeland Linder International Airport (LAL). All owners are required to understand the many regulations that address drone operations. Owners who fail to follow the established rules may face civil and criminal penalties. When in doubt please call Airport Operations at 863-834-4911 for additional assistance. Here are the basics:
- Always fly below 400 feet, unless otherwise restricted.
- Always fly your drone within visual line of sight.
- Do not fly near airports, stadiums, or groups of people.
- Do not fly within 5 miles of an airport without first contacting Air Traffic Control and the Airport.
- Never fly a drone near other aircraft.
- Never fly your drone near emergency response efforts, such as fires.
- Never fly your drone under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Be aware of FAA airspace requirements, for more information visit the FAA's airspace page at faa.gov/uas/where_to_fly/airspace_restrictions/.
- For more information please visit the FAA's Unmanned Aircraft Systems page at faa.gov/uas/.