Master Plan Update
In late 2017 Lakeland Linder International Airport began the process of updating its master plan to define the Airport's development over the next 20 years.The Airport Master Plan project is scheduled to be completed in the Fall of 2019. The project is funded through a grant partnership with the FAA, FDOT, and local funding sources. The final product will serve as a critical tool for the Airport depicting the existing airport facilities and planned development initiatives which are vital for coordination between the Airport, the FAA, and the FDOT for capital improvement needs.
Three Easy Steps!
The Airport is dedicated to a transparent, complete, and inclusive planning process. You can participate in the Airport Master Plan Process in any of the following ways:
- Participate in a Public Workshop: to learn more about the project and provide feedback that will help shape the Airport Master Plan.
- Attend Advisory Committee Meetings: a Technical Advisory Committee will be composed of airport stakeholder representatives who will provide input throughout the planning process. Meetings will be held periodically, and the public is welcome to attend and provide comment.
- Visit the Project Website: for Airport Master Plan updates and events, informational materials (on request), and to submit public comment.
- Project Fact Sheet
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Airport Terminology
- Working Paper 2 - Environmental Overview
- Working Paper 3 - Aviation Activity Forecasts
- Working Paper 4 - Demand and Capacity Analysis
- Working Paper 5 - Airport Development Alternatives
To request a copy of the project documents please e-mail [email protected].