Fast Facts About LAL
- LAL is classified as a National Airport by the FAA and an International User Fee Airport by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- The LAL Air Traffic Control Tower operates 365 days a year 24 hours a day.
- Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting Services (ARFF) are provided 365 days a year 24 hours a day by the Lakeland Fire Department. The airport is capable of meeting ARFF Index B or Index C.
- LAL is a Class 1 FAR Part 139 certificated airport capable of accepting commercial air carriers both scheduled and unscheduled.
- Instrument approaches are available to our two paved runways including a CAT III ILS approach.
- LAL maintains twenty-two taxiways totaling over 95,000 linear feet, that’s over 18 miles!
- LAL maintains three runways, two paved and one unpaved runway, the longest measuring 8,500 feet long by 150 feet wide and is capable of handling some of the largest aircraft in use up to and including the Boeing 747.
- LAL also maintains over 81,300 linear feet of fence lines to protect both the public and our aircraft operators, that’s over 15 miles!
- LAL is larger than all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks combined with a total land area comprising over 1,740 acres.